Institut IGH is an inevitable stop for all services required for all engineering structures, spanning from conceptual designs and preparation of all designs, testing and technical supervision during construction to their maintenance and rehabilitation.
Maintenance of roads and road structures in a broader sense and time context belongs to the group of activities called management of structures. It is a business process that includes activities that optimize the use of a certain civil infrastructure so that the greatest possible benefit is achieved during a period defined in advance.
Institut IGH offers consulting services regarding organization of structure management, own specialist tools for support in adoption of short-term and long-term decisions on investments in maintenance, as well as a service when introducing work procedures.
Additionally, Institut IGH is equipped with sophisticated field equipment for testing structures in-situ, and in collaboration with laboratories of Institut IGH it resolves problems of all types of existing structures (spanning from infrastructure, energy structures, roads and road structures to motorway network management). Rehabilitation designs for different infrastructures and other structures also developed as a part of this activity. Institut IGH offers bridge rehabilitation designs, monumental heritage buildings, reconstruction designs for industrial and other structures, pavement structures, provision of services of technical supervision during rehabilitation and reconstruction.
During the past 10 years, about a hundred investigations were performed, including preparation of rehabilitation designs, as well as monitoring of the execution of rehabilitation works by means of designer, expert-specialist supervision and control/contractor’s tests. Structures where the mentioned activities were executed are primarily bridges and overpasses (about 60 -70), reinforced concrete structures in building construction (hospitals, residential business structures, factories, halls, schools, kindergartens), structures of hydro-, thermal and nuclear power plants, wastewater treatment plants, sewer collectors, bundings, tunnels, airport service areas, high stacks and cultural monuments.
Lately, projects for bearing capacity classification, rehabilitation/reconstruction of railway bridges and implementation of expert-specialist supervision and quality control of executed works during reconstruction and remediation works for structural railway structures (culverts and bridges) have occupied a special place among jobs related to infrastructure maintenance.
Some of the references:
1. HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o._ Preparation of design documentation for bridge rehabilitation (preliminary, detailed and working rehabilitation designs – structural and geotechnical, surveying report of the existing condition of the superstructure and substructure of the river part of the bridge and hydrographic survey in the bridge zone) and designer supervision during execution of works
2. HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o._ Design of load bearing capacity classification of steel railway bridges (Rječina rešetkasti, Kupa Karlovac, Globornica, Drava, Stara Drava, Karašica, Sava Jakuševac, Krapina, Česma, Črnec, Radljevac, Stara Foša, Butišnica, Krka, Bobotski kanal, Bosut, Trnava, Odvodni kanal, Pazinčica)
3. HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o._ Design of bearing capacity categorization of massive railway bridges
4. HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o._ Expert-specialist and technological supervision during rehabilitation works on the railway bridge SAVA JAKUŠEVAC at km 10+125 of the railway line Sesvete-Velika Gorica
5. HŽ Infrastruktura d.o.o._ Expert-specialist and technological supervision during works of rehabilitation of the railway bridge Sava – zeleni” at km 427+754.67 of the railway line M202 Zagreb CS-Rijeka and at km 421+036 of the railway line M104 Zagreb CS-Sisak