07 July 2020
Cooperation between Institut IGH and HŽ Infrastruktura
Institut IGH awarded a new supervision contract worth 5,3 million HRK
Institut IGH d.d and HŽ Infrastruktura d.d. have signed a contract for supervision of works on the rehabilitation of the railway section between Savski Marof and Zagreb Zapadni kolodvor ( Zagreb West Station), value HRK 5.346.000,00 (VAT excluded). The project is mostly being funded through a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and refers to the section of the 17,8 km long double track railway line, a part of the RH1 Corridor. This is an extremely significant line for international cargo transport and suburban transport, with a daily average of 160 trains passing.
Supervision works to be undertaken by IGH will last 30 months. The rehabilitation project of the Savski Marof – Zagreb Zapadni Kolodvor railway section includes the following:
- Complete renewal of the track substructure and permanent way
- Rehabilitation of the Krapina, Lužnica and Vrabeščak bridges
- Rehabilitation of culverts and Vrapčanska and Škorpikova underpasses
- Rehabilitation of three pedestrian underpasses and placing of a synthetic paving on the level crossings Sokolska, Kolodvorska, Savska, Brdovec and Savski Marof
- Improvement of the existing Savski Marof station building, as well as the Brdovec stop building
- Replacement of the existing platforms and improved surfaces with new ones at the railway stops Kustošija, Zaprešić – Savska and Podsused,
- Mounting of canopy roofs at the railway stops Kustošija, Podsused, Zaprešić-Savska and Brdovec
- adjustment of signaling and telecommunication devices
- Complete rehabilitation of the overhead contact line.
Upon project completion, it is expected that the trains will operate with speeds up to 120 km/h. Safety and interoperability of railway traffic, as well as the track capacity will be higher. The costs of maintenance will be lower, but there will be more opportunity to provide transport to a greater number of commuters, which is of particular importance to the City of Zagreb and Zagreb County.
For Institut IGH, this is the fifth significant supervision contract awarded to the company, involving works on construction and rehabilitation of very important infrastructure projects in Croatia. Namely, IGH was recently awarded three new contracts by the Croatian Roads, for supervision of works on the construction and reconstruction of three roads, worth app. HRK 12,3 million in total. We also signed a contract with the Rijeka-Zagreb Motorway Company for supervision works on the remediation of the Krk Bridge, valued over one million 1,000.000,00 HRK.
IGH currently has approximately 1000 active contracts for a wide range of services it provides, primarily in the civil engineering sector, making it the leading civil engineering company in Croatia and the region.